Last night the annual Peay family Christmas Party took place, at the Mapleton Memorial Hall. The three Peay sisters put on a real shin dig. A good time was had by all, from young to old. I have loved and cherished this tradition from the earliest years of my childhood. I remember playing many of the parts of the nativity, Grandma Peay giving all of us Grandchildren our set of Christmas PJ's, and all the good food. Now I watch as my children participate in the nativity, the candy bar game, the white elephant gifts etc. is a sweet gift. We all love the pizza and sweet treats, the wacky activities the sisters come up with (family cheers, dancing with the Peays, the state of the Peay's given by Norma), but most of all I love honoring the two sweethearts that have made everything possible - Earl & Myrl. I think we do honor them by staying close and keeping our friendships alive. I love the Peay family and think we're great, (mainly by example). I really know and care about them. The legacy has passed from a set of loving parents to three daughters, to their three families, and now to their children, and the children of the grandchildren. I remember the years that the nativity was held in Norma and Keith's master bedroom, with all of us children getting reading in the master bath - this years as with other years we now have need of renting a big place to hold us all.
As my sister Vickie would say "drop a pebble in the water - just a splash and it is gone, but a thousand ripples circle on and on and on." Our Peay legacy does circle on and on. We may not sing the best, dance the best, or do the best cheers, but we do love the best - and that will always make the difference.
Pizza $150.00
Place 50.00
Candy 8.00
Paper Goods 15.00
White elephant gift (questionable) all this you can get with MasterCard
A together Family - Priceless
I'm glad to be part PEAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment